Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Tamale Casserole

This recipe was handed down to me from my mom. It was the first meal I learned to cook "all by myself" and so it brings back memories for me as well as being a family favorite around here.

Serves 6 - 8
Prep time 15 minutes
Cook time 45 minutes


Ingredients

1 package XLNT brand tamales (find in the dairy/lunch meat section)
3 15 oz (or 1 40 oz) can of chili (use your favorite - we like turkey chili)
2 15 oz cans of whole kernel corn, drained
2 cans black pitted olives, drained
2 eggs
1 package grated/shredded cheddar cheese
1 casserole dish (approx 4 qt size)

Directions

preheat oven to 350 degrees
unwrap and cut each tamal into six peices (lengthwise and then into thirds)
add to dish
add chili, corn and olives
add eggs to dish and stir all ingredients

cover and cook for 45 minutes (foil works great)
remove from oven and added cheese on top
let stand 5 minutes to allow chese to melt
serve and enjoy

No comments: